They are a group of like minded nature lovers living in the Allen Valleys. south west Northumberland. They aim to hold a series of talks, identification field days and practical hands-on experiences through training workshops for those interested in nature and our beautiful Allen Valleys
As a group their stated aims are to
- Raise awareness of the richness and diversity of the wildlife in our lovely Allen Valleys.
- Involve and engage as many people as possible from the Allen Valleys in the programme.
- Increase involvement of our young people both in general, and specifically through links with school and youth groups
- Explore the influence of historic links such as lead mining and farming on the flora and fauna.
- Contribute to the research base for the area.